Stainless Steel Filled PTFE Sheet
- Stainless Steel Filled PTFE has enhanced mechanical properties by the use of a 50% by weight (or 15% by volume) stainless steel powder filling.
- The addition of Stainless Steel to PTFE gives better dimensional stability and lowers creep, cold flow and wear. It increases hardness and compressive strength whilst also increasing thermal and electrical conductivity.
- The compound consists of 50% Virgin PTFE and 50% 316L stainless steel.
Technical Stainless Steel Filled PTFE Sheet
- Density: 3.9 g/cm3
Temperature: -200°C up to +260°C.
- Tensile strength: 127 MPa
- Elongation at break: %
- Hardness: 33.8
- Friction coefficient : 0.18 - 0.2
- Bending strength: 280 ˚C
- Thickness: 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70 mm
- Sheet Width x Length: 1000 x 1000, 1200 x 1200mm, 1500 x 15000
Key Features of Stainless Steel Filled PTFE Sheet
- Extremely hard wearing
- Excellent under extreme loads
- Excellent under extreme temperatures
- Lowers creep, cold flow and wear
- Increased thermal and electrical conductivity
- Food safe
- Improved resistance to deformation under load compared to other PTFE composites.
- Outstanding resistance to low and high temperatures.
- Helps to dissipate static build up (volume resistivity of 107 Ohms).
- Chemically inert (with the exception of elemental alkali metals, chlorine trifluoride and elemental fluorine at high temperatures and pressures).
- Suitable for use in food contact applications.
- Highly machinable.
Applications Stainless Steel Filled PTFE Sheet
- Bushings, slide pads, gaskets, washers, shaft bearings, slide runners, chemical tank linings and electrical insulation parts.